Wednesday, December 4, 2019

The Geeky Chef, by Cassandra Reader

Say you're binge-watching the Harry Potter movies and suddenly find yourself with a craving for Cauldron Cakes (or maybe Butterbeer). This craving is such you can't even enjoy the films until you taste what these treats are all about. But how would one obtain such delicacies? Outside of Diagon Ally or the Hogwarts kitchens, that is. Hmmmm....

While I can't tell you how to go about getting your own House Elf to whip up such yumminess for you on demand (and I wouldn't if I could, because I agree with Hermoine that House Elves should not be treated as slaves), I CAN recommend The Geeky Chef Cookbook, by Cassandra Reader.

Within the pages this fun book, you'll find the author's well-researched takes on recipes from nearly ALL your favorite cannons: From Harry Potter to Hunger Games, from Star Wars to Star Trek, and everything in between. You'll find beverages, main dishes (I've actually tried the "Gagh", pg. 92-93. And, as I'm a fan of spicy noodle dishes, I found it delicious), snacks, and, of course, desserts (YES! They have cauldron cakes), all of which sound positively mouth-watering. I'm looking forward to sampling more recipes from my favorite books and movies. I think you'll have fun with this one too.

But wait! There's more! If you can't find what you want in The Geeky Chef, try the sequel, The Geeky Chef Strikes Back, for even MORE delicious recipes.

--AJB

No comments:

Post a Comment