Monday, August 30, 2021

Giant Days, by John Allison

Hands down, my favorite Back To School book isn't even a book...it's an entire series

I was introduced to Giant Days, the college-themed graphic novel saga by John Allison, when it caught my curious eye on the New Book shelf. This way back in 2016, and I've since re-read it twice and am on my third re-read. The plot follows the misadventures of Esther, Susan, and Daisy, three unlikely friends braving the (sometimes calm, but often turbulent) college waters. The quirky, slice-of-life humor and character interactions/relationships is very reminiscent of the TV show, Friends. At least it was to me. Which is what got me hooked.

Because this is a series, I couldn't even begin to describe everything that happens...or even one particular plotline. But I will say that Giant Days is just a lot of fun and a series you really can't go wrong with. And (BONUS!) you'll be happy to learn that this series is not only several volumes long, but it's complete. Not a cliffhanger in sight. So, that said, it's safe to binge away!

--AJB

No comments:

Post a Comment