Friday, October 2, 2020

Delish Insane Sweets

 

Picked Delish Insane Sweets up from our New Book Shelf so I'd have something to browse during break, and I totally need to go home and make something yummy. Like NOW!! 

This book has everything to satisfy even the most refined sweet tooth! Cookies, Cupcakes, brownies... You're craving it, it's in here! Guaranteed! While some treats are borderline obnoxious (the cupcakes filled with sprinkles seem a bit much for anyone over age 6), the majority sound fantastic.

My one and only complaint is many of the cake recipes call for pre-packaged cake mix. I feel that's a little lame. For treats as beautiful and elaborate as these, shouldn't one bake a cake from scratch? I mean, if you're going to go to the trouble... 

Maybe that's just me being nit-picky, but making a scratch cake isn't hard. I'm no baker by any stretch of the imagination, and I can still bake a cake using all scratch ingredients. I can even bake you a yummy vegan version, if that's what you want.

Overall: I definitely plan to try some of these cookies! But I'm going to make my own cakes. I promise the end result will be better than anything you can get from a box.
 
--AJB

No comments:

Post a Comment