Tuesday, August 29, 2017

The City of Ember, By Jeanne DuPrau


A dark city underground with all of the food, supplies, and sources of light at high risk of being completely depleted. The dreary City of Ember is in danger of leaving no survivors and the people are in panic. The ones who are brave enough to walk out into the complete darkness in hope of another way of life come back terrified in a matter of hours. There is very little known about what is beyond the city lights and there is no way to bring light with you to explore. Imagination and fear brings out the worst in the desperate people trying to make it out of Ember alive. Lina and Doon follow the mystery of how the city came to be, in hopes of finding a way to save them all.

This book has been on my list for quite some time now. I loved the elements of adventure and mystery and it is just spooky enough to get in the mood for fall without over doing it. If you are one of the few out there (like me) that hasn’t read this one yet, I highly recommend it. Great for tweens AND teens.

If you enjoy it, you can try to heal your “book ending feels” by reading the rest of the series or watching the movie. I haven’t done either of these yet, but I think I will. I was sad for the book to end.    -MC

No comments:

Post a Comment