Monday, February 24, 2020

Honeymoon by Beach Bunny

When I first heard "Prom Queen" by Beach Bunny on Alt Nation, I had a kind of gut reaction to it.  For a moment I thought that I was on the 90's grunge and alternative station and that they were playing some old Riot Grrl song that I didn't know.  Then I saw that it was new.  I added it to my playlist and it has been in heavy rotation.  It's one of those songs that, for me, feels like it's just always been there.

"Prom Queen" isn't on this album but as soon as we got it in I had to check it out anyway.  I LOVE it.  I think you should listen to it but you're going to have to wait until I return it which could be a while...

Beach Bunny is an alternative/surf band from Chicago.  If I could liken their sound to other bands I would call it a cross between Silversun Pickups, L7, and the Raincoats. It had a great 90's vibe and is super catchy.For me the standout track was the last one, "Cloud 9."

No comments:

Post a Comment