Wednesday, April 21, 2021

A Perfect Planet (dvd)

I've been a fan of the Planet Earth and Blue Planet series (BBC) for years. These shows are fantastic and like nothing I'd seen previous. Plus, the narrator has a very soothing vibe. I've re-watched these episodes often and they are one of my go-tos when I want to unwind from the day or just need something playing in the background that doesn't demand my full attention.

Which is why I was so excited about A Perfect Planet, the latest nature venture by BBC. 

Although the videography is just as gorgeous as that in Planet Earth and Blue Planet, I have to say I was somewhat disappointed in A Perfect Planet. As a whole, it's a much shorter series that its companions. Five brief episodes that don't do much more than rehash what's covered in other series. So really not a lot of new stuff new to see for this veteran of BBC Nature Shows. Which was a bummer.

A Perfect Planet is still a fantastic series, though. And something I recommend if you haven't yet seen the other series and want to start off with something more basic. But if you really want the best of what BBC has to offer, check out Planet Earth instead. You won't be disappointed.

--AJB  



No comments:

Post a Comment