Sunday, April 27, 2014

Teen Reviewer 2 Reviews

Teen Reviewer Kate read and reviewed Megan Shepard's The Madman's Daughter and What I Thought Was True, by Huntley Fitzpatrick

The Madman's Daughter is a book Kate heard about through Goodreads, and she ended up loving it: "This book was equal creepy and wonderful. This historical fiction follows Juliette. She has a tragic past of her mother's death and her father's disappearance. Juliette's father is quite the mad scientist, and the mystery is if the rumors that her father is crazy are true. Either way, she goes searching for her father. The mystery unfolds and the cliffhanger is amazing!" 

What I Thought Was True, a realistic romance, pretty much jumped off the shelf and begged to be read. "After I finished My Life Next Door, I was really looking forward to another of Huntley Fitzpatrick's great contemporary novels. What I Thought Was True follows Gwen, who is unlike most girls in contemporary books. She is loud and isn't afraid to speak her mind, and I really liked the contrast from shy and quiet Sam from My Life Next Door. To get into Gwen's life: Her parents are divorced, but is still in contact with her dad. Gwen lives on an island where her mother cleans summer homes and just got a job taking care of an elderly woman. The romance and depth of this book was just beautiful, and once again I loved (this author's) book."

Kate wouldn't hesitate to recommend either book.

No comments:

Post a Comment