Saturday, October 22, 2016

P.S. I Like You, by Kasie West

P.S. I Like You by Kasie West is ridiculously adorable. I'm a huge fan of modern settings/real world and I was very impressed with this story which had solid plots and strong characters.

Basically, Lily is an aspiring songwriter in an endearingly chaotic family. She sees a note on her chemistry desk from another student who shares her taste in music, so they leave notes for each other and build a strong connection throughout the semester. There are a few possible guys who could be it. So the first third of the story is trying to figure out his identity. The rest of the story is her trying to reconcile the guy she knows in the notes with the version she knows in real life. It's a total Darcy/Elizabeth relationship of Pride and Prejudice.

The way everything unfolded was the best part --the pacing and execution were perfect. The characters felt like totally believable, realistically flawed teens. Even the secondary characters were well done! I loved how important Lily's home life was and how kind she was to her brothers. Lily herself was hilariously awkward, stubborn, and probably my favorite main character.

I don't want to say who the guy is (even though it's really easy to guess!), so I'll just say that whole relationship built up perfectly. They go from hating each other to slowly getting to know each other to being in love. It's a hate to love romance that actually works and doesn't feel at all forced.

Kasie West is such a talented writer. Everything is so real and just pulls you in. It's one of the most adorable, feel-good books I've read in a long time. If you like her story, I also recommend you to read The Fill-In Boyfriend which is also my favorite! *JK*

No comments:

Post a Comment