Thursday, August 16, 2018

Breaking Cat News, by Georgia Dunn

As a general rule, I typically try to avoid the news whenever possible, finding it too filled with Drama Queens, Dooms-Dayers, and mean, unpleasant people whining about other mean, unpleasant people. All of that is about as appealing to me as being forced to down a plate of overcooked, week-old broccoli (and I hate broccoli). Plus, having spent 10 years in the newspaper business, I know that all news reports are biased. Even when reporters try not to, it's impossible for said reporter to not put their own spin on things.

But I gladly made an exception for Breaking Cat News: Cats Reporting on the News that Matters to Cats, by Georgia Dunn

A coworker first introduced me to Breaking Cat News (the webcomic) about a year ago, and I was instantly hooked! Lupin, Elvis, and Puck are three adorable house cats who do daily news reports on what's really important: The Red Dot, The Buzzy Mouse, Bacon, the mysterious and curious actions of the humans with whom they live, and more. The "news" reports delivered by these felines are insightful and hilarious (and sometimes heartwarming), and I enjoyed reading the News for perhaps the first time in my life. Because cats!

So when I learned that the webcomic had its own book... Well, of course I had to read it! (and recommend we order it for the collection)

Breaking Cat News (the book) covers the early reports, before field reporters Tommy, Tabitha and Sir Figaro Newton were introduced. But it is nonetheless genius and an overall fun read. I have already recommended it--twice! And would do so again in a heartbeat.

--AJB

p.s. Rumor has it there will be a sequel coming out early next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment