Monday, February 2, 2015

The Missing (Book 1 of the Found Series) by Margaret Peterson Haddix

Many children know little, if anything, about their pasts and birth parents when they are adopted. This lack of knowledge of course continues as they are growing up. This was the life and truth for twelve year old Jonah. He knew he had been given up for adoption and as a baby his family quickly found him and has loved him ever since. All this changes when her receives a letter "You are one of the missing". It's not only Jonah that receives this mysterious letter, his new friend Chip (who has recently moved into the neighborhood) gets one too. After a meeting with a CIA agent Jonah is led to believe that his past is not like many other adopted children's. A mystery quickly begins to unravel in front of Jonah and Chip and they aren't too sure how it is going to unfold.

This is all of the summary I'm going to give- I don't want to give away the good mystery, can't stop until the end of the chapter, parts. I will leave that up to you.

When I picked this book up it was given to me to be put away, there was no one was yelling "hey read this now!". The summary on the back looked interesting enough and I have read several other books by Margaret Peterson Haddix to know it was going to be worth my time. Boy was I right! The Missing is one of those books that you can't help but stay up late to read. You just have to know what happens on the next page. Even though it has a mystery unraveling through out the pages it is defiantly a science fiction-esq book (you will see why when you start reading and I hope you do).

--JAC

No comments:

Post a Comment