Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Teen Reviewer: Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith

Teen Reviewer Kate, 13, read an advance reader copy of Wild Awake by Hilary T. Smith. She'd heard about this suspense novel on Goodreads, and was entertained by it. Here is her review:

"Wild Awake is not a typical teen book, but I liked it. The author developed her main character, Kiri, at the very start. Through this book, I slowly saw the perfect Kiri fade. I just don't think she was the same by the end of the book, which is why I liked it so much. The plot of the book, I think, is what really stands out. There is never a slow moment. The end of the book was rushed. The author didn't take much time on ending the book. It just ended. Although I didn't think the ending was great, the rest of the book was pretty good. I felt the details and characters really shined. The author knew what she wanted to do with these characters, and they turned out great. I really think this book is worth reading"

Wild Awake was released May 28. 2013. Kate would not hesitate to recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment